Dubai World Trade Centre (“DWTC“) and the “DWTC Authority” were established under Dubai Law No. 9 of 2015. DWTC’s stated objective is to provide services in the form of conferences and exhibitions as well as world-class hospitality and facilities management in a wide selection of venues. Schlumberger was the first company to be licensed under the new free zone, acquiring 5,762 square meters in the office building in Dubai Trade Centre District (“DTCD“). The DWTC Free Zone offers a lot of advantages for business willing to tap from its world-class facilities. Just like every freezone, the DWTC offers the usual freezone advantages, but to further expansiate on these, here are some other benefits below.
Benefits of setting up a company in DWTC
- Physical office space not required
- No auditing or book-keeping requirement
- Easy registration and setup procedure
- Flexi-desk with visa option: With DWTCs flexi desk option, you can apply for multiple visas and utilize the opportunity to sponsor employees and dependants.
- NOC not required from local sponsor:A willing entrepreneur can set up business in DWTC without getting an NOC from the sponsor if still employed. This allows for freedom of company ownership as a side business while employed under a sponsor.
- Multiple Shareholders: DWTC allows multiple shareholders to set up a business as a corporate entity. This ranges from individuals to corporate organizations or a combination of the two.
- Location: DWTC is strategically located closely to the dynamic Dubai Metro and bears a close proximity with the Al Maktoum International Airport. The Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre making DWTC the perfect home for entrepreneurs looking to network, collaborate and engage with likeminded professionals from around the world. What’s more, DWTC is next door to the DIFC and offers businesses the opportunity to have a prestigious office without the exorbitant costs usually associated with the area.
Types of entities and activities
- FZEs: A single shareholder establishment is permitted in DWTC
- FZCOs: Multiple shareholders are also permitted to get a license in DWTC
List of activities available for companies includes but not limited to:
Largely, the DWTC will stay within the ambit of the Dubai Economic Development’s activity list for the permitted licensed activities under the mentioned three categories.
DWTC’s Fee Structure
|Licence with Office Space (FZE)||FEE||Licence with Office Space (FZCO)||FEE||Licence with Office Space (BRANCH)||FEE|
|Hot Desk||42,300 AED||Hot Desk||47,300 AED||Hot Desk||37,300 AED|
|Executive Desk||72,300 AED||Executive Desk||77,300 AED||Executive Desk||67,300 AED|
|Service Charge||3,000 AED||Service Charge||3,000 AED||Service Charge||3,000 AED|
Legal Maxims Consultants has a team of experts committed to providing out of the box consultancy, support and management services to investors interested in a new company formation in DWTC or any of the Free Zones in the UAE.
Our service charge is arguably the cheapest in the whole of UAE. Contact Us for a free consultation and a free quote today.