Dubai Internet City was created in the year 2000 and is located adjacent to the well known Palm Jumeirah. It is the largest ICT hub in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. Usually described as the ‘creative collective engineered for innovation’ and is currently home to over 1,400 businesses of all sizes. DIC has successfully developed a prosperous ecosystem for technology organizations and has been one of the forerunners to carry forward the Dubai’s vision to transition into a knowledge-based economy. Global names such as Facebook and LinkedIn are situated in this freezone, and so are other technology SMEs and start-ups from all elements of the ICT value chain. A ‘one-stop shop’ arrangement is available in DIC, giving business partners the freedom to focus on their core operations.
Benefits of setting up a business in DIC
- 100% exemption from personal income tax for 50 years
- 100% exemption from corporate taxes for 50 years
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of profits
- Metro Ethernet environment
- Dynamic international community
- Opportunities for business interaction and networking
- Opportunities for channel and market development
- Communications infrastructure based on next-generation technologies
- Location: DIC is strategically located adjacent to other industrial clusters such as Dubai Media City and Dubai Knowledge Village. It is located adjacent to Dubai Marina, Jumeirah Beach Residence and the well-known Palm Jumeirah, areas which are rapidly becoming three of the most exclusive (and expensive) residential areas of Dubai. DIC is less than 1 km from the sea coast and is near several five star hotels.
- Physical office Space not required: A flexi desk option is available to investors willing to set up their business in DIC. Visa is also available per every 8 meter square office space, and can be used to sponsor dependants and employees.
List of Activities
Software – This relates to developing, installing, and/or modifying software products of their own or of a third party.
Internet and Multimedia – relating to developing and/or distributing Internet or multimedia content. Other activities may include distributing goods or services via the internet, such as by providing an online platform and acting as an intermediary between multiple companies or multiple individuals. Additional activities may include providing different applications through a network.
Telecommunication and Network – This relates to developing, installing, modifying, and/or operating networks or providing relevant services designed for operating network-based applications or services. The manufacture of physical components within the zone and direct trading of physical components and products into UAE market is not allowed.
IT Service – relating to developing, providing standardized and repeatable IT-based services which may also include security solutions, localization, training and corporate learning.
Types of companies to be formed in DIC
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) with individual(s) as shareholder(s)
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company (FZ-LLC) with corporate entity/entities as shareholder(s)
- Branch of a foreign/UAE based company
Legal Maxims Consultants has a team of experts committed to providing out of the box consultancy, support and management services to investors interested in a new company formation in DIC or any of the Free Zones in the UAE.
Our service charge is arguably the cheapest in the whole of UAE. Contact Us for a free consultation and a free quote today.