Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) is the region’s technology park with many benefits. DSO caters to the technology sector and supporting companies and services. From inception, it has been known to be a community on its own, as business owners can live whilst also setting up their businesses there. DSO is in partnership with many big brands such as Philips, Fujitsu, AMD, Western Digital, Synopsys, Corning and Schneider Electric.
In addition, apart from the array of high-quality facilities for offices, warehousing manufacturing and residences, DSO also offers companies plots of land for investors to establish their own properties.
Benefits of setting up a business in DSO
Some of the myriad benefits a business owner will benefit from DSO includes but not limited to:
- Quick, easy and affordable setup
- Open to wide range of business and licence types
- Flexible setup and office options
- Various Visa options and opportunity to sponsor family members
- Set up with multiple shareholders: Freezone Companies with 2 to 5 shareholders are permitted as opposed to freezone establishment only.
- Zero to Low share capital requirements: Only 10,000 aed paid upfront in share capital is required to set up a company in DSO. For some special licenses, no paid up share capital is required.
- Easy setup of corporate bank account
- Ability to live and work in the same tranquil environment
DSO’s Industry focus
DSO’s major Industry focus is the ‘hi-tech sector’. However, it caters to other sectors such as:
- IT, telecom, electrical, electronic, engineering and related activities
- Consultants, law firms, finance institutions, and many more.
- Bio-tech, automobile, aerospace, oil and gas, alternative energy and many others
List of Activities
All major business activities & operations can be accommodated within DSO, including:
- Company headquarter offices, sales & marketing, support offices training centers, etc.
- Import/export, distribution, testing and checking etc…
- Assembly & packing
- Manufacturing & Storage
Types of License
Companies looking to set up within DSO can choose from three types of licenses, which can be selected according to the company’s operational requirements. As always, branch entities are only entitled to conduct activity within the parent company’s activities.
- Service Licence:This allows the registered entity to carry out only specified services.
- Trade Licence:This allows the registered entity to practice activities which are related to import, export, and distribution of items and goods as specified in the licence.
- Industrial Licence:This allows for importation of raw materials, manufacture, processing, assembling and packaging of finished produce for export or local sale.
- Special Licenses: This applies specifically to companies operating within the administrative zone of DSO authority, whilst using a license issued by the Dubai Economic Department (DED). For this license, no share capital is required.
DSO’s Fee Structure
|Trade License (FZE)
|Trade License (FZCO)
Legal Maxims Consultants has a team of experts committed to providing out of the box consultancy, support and management services to investors interested in a new company formation in DSO or any of the Free Zones in the UAE.
Our service charge is arguably the cheapest in the whole of UAE. Contact Us for a free consultation and a free quote today.